Girls Inc. meets these challenges by helping girls explore and celebrate their strengths, their voices, who they are today, and who they will become.
Girls Inc. equips girls to navigate gender, economic, and social barriers and grow up healthy, educated, and independent. Girls build confidence and embrace positive decision-making to take charge of their health and wellbeing, and achieve academic, personal and career goals.
Girls grow up strong (healthy).
Girls Inc. teaches healthy living so girls are able to make informed decisions, resist peer pressure, avoid risky behaviors, and take charge of their health:
- Girls develop assertiveness and refusal skills to avoid substance use and educate peers and younger girls on these issues.
- Girls learn about their bodies and identify ways and reasons to avoid early pregnancy.
- Girls learn media influences on self-perception.
- Girls embrace sportsmanship, positive risk taking, and team building.
- Girls build a holistic approach to stress management, nutrition, physical activity, and body image.